Saturday, July 13, 2019

The Hardest Part to Being Happy

Something you can use...

I once was asked what I was doing for society. And I didn't have a good answer. Everything that I first thought of had more to do with what I did for a living.

I kept coming up with things that I sold to people. They were all products that I believed in. I believed people needed my products whether they wanted them or not. That's my profession.

We soften the sound and call it "marketing" but it's just sales. My career is built on convincing people that what is a good idea for me is a good idea for them as well. (Damn that sounds like a politician too!)
 .
Not high on the list of revered professions. But it's like the garbage man. It's needed. The good thing about sales as a profession is that it is a universally valued skill. And it does help you get your way in the world. A downside is that you can be applying pressure to change opinion without intending to.

When you believe in something, defending that belief can come out sounding a lot like a sales pitch. I've scared people with that. ( I almost wrote scarred, which might be true too.)

So check me if I sound "sales pitchy" when I tell you that you can truly be happy. More specifically I mean, wake up, look around and say, "damn this is nice, I'm really happy." And just be in that space as long as you like.

You are not buying it,

There is a saying on the streets, that "game should be sold, not told."

Please don't be tricked into believing that because I am not charging you for the secret to happiness that there is no cost.

You will have to change your behavior and see the people who are in your life unmasked as to who they really are.  Happiness is worth the price.

Happiness is both precious and abundant. It's like air. It's the thing most precious to life and you are encouraged to grab as much as you need. Freedom is a big component of happiness. Although not enough of us realize that we are not free. These are paper chains that bind us.

Game should be shared, not spared!

If I am the only one that escapes the plantation then I am only a runaway stealing chickens from Massa's hen house.

But if I follow Warrior Queen Harriet Tubman I can free thousands and create a nation of free people. Imagine that!

These photos are what are lives are like now. Happily buzzing along in paradise. Once we put the magic to work our lives immediately began to change.

The Thirty Day Reset...

If you really want to be happy you MUST do this first. And I suggest you get a notebook and make a journal about the experience. 

This first step. The root to happiness is like having a super power. It will change you, change your current environment and then change any environment that you enter. Just by your presence.

If you go a few days and "mess-up" just start over. The mission is to go thirty straight days no matter what. Faith is believing that something is real with no physical evidence. This is one of those times. Just have faith in yourself and your connection to the universe. We are all stardust.


This is the first step...

Every time, without exception, when someone greets you with a "how ya' doing" or any variation thereof your response must be... "I'm happy."

I know it seems overly simple. It is as simple as breathing. This is your natural power to manifest. You just have to use it and watch what happens. It doesn't matter if you believe it or not. If you look in the mirror and practice you probably won't look very convincing, even to yourself. That doesn't matter.

Do it anyway.


Some people will actually get angry when you say that you are happy. Some will get happy too. Others will ask you to tell them what you are so happy about. Just tell them, "it's a choice."

But in all the years that I have held this as my most steadfast philosophy only one person has ever asked me, "how did you actually get happy?"So I'm telling you even though you didn't ask. That salesman thing just won't let me go. My motives are completely self serving. More happy people make life better for all of us.

The second step is to pick your playground. Don't let it pick you!

There are countless stories about people who have left familiar surroundings in search of happiness. Once you decide to accept being happy, decide where you want to be happy.

Resistance to your forward motion is just part of the game. Play it where ever you will enjoy living the most.

You will be choosing a set of challenges that are more rewarding than the ones you have now because you will be living where you were hoping to be "one day."

There is a trick to this part. You probably have to begin to find the place that you like by getting away from the places that don't suit you.

We choose one hell or another. The known hell is comfortable and we know our place. We can always come back to the know hell. It seems to always be there waiting for us to come back so we can hear, "I told you so!"

Then there is the unknown hell.
The place we've never been.
Where the devil might be a punk.
Were you can be an angel.
A dream come true.
The answer to someone's prayers.

Play the game like you want to play. 
That's what you came here for.
Make the rules and play for fun.

More to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment